Benefits of Strength Training on Bone Density in Older Adults
- Strength Training Increases Regional Bone Mineral Density And Bone Remodeling In Middle-Aged and Older Men
- Strength Training In Postmenopausal Women: Effects On Bone And Body Composition
- Effects of Strength Training On Bone Mineral Density: Hormonal And Bone Turnover Relationships
- Effects Of Strength Training On Bone Mineral Density: Hormonal And Bone Turnover Relationships (2nd Study)
- Effects of High Intensity Strength Training On Multiple Risk Factors For Osteoporotic Fracture
The following definitions will be useful in understanding the research studies dealing with bone density.
Bone Mineral Content:
The types of minerals present in the bone.
Bone Mineral Density:
The amount of minerals present in the bone.
The formation of new bone.
A continuous process of old bone being replaced by new bone, also called bone turnover.
The process by which the old bone is reabsorbed into the blood stream.
The loss of bone mineral density to such a degree that fractures can occur even from minimal trauma.